Talara Refinery Modernization (PMRT)
Datos del Proyecto
Localización: Talara | Peru
Estado: In progress
Área de Negocio: Integrated Projects (Oil & Gas)
Descripción del Proyecto
Engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning of the auxiliary units and complementary works of the Talara Refinery Modernization Project (PMRT) in the city of Talara (Department of Piura, Peru).
The main objectives of the PMRT are:
• Reduce the sulphur content of diesel fuels, petrol and LPG to a maximum of 50 ppm.
• Increase the profitability and competitiveness of the Talara Refinery by increasing the crude oil processing capacity from 65,000 to 95,000 barrels per day (BPD), processing heavy crude oil and converting waste products from the processing units into marketable products.
The scope of the project encompasses:
• Hydrogen and nitrogen production plants.
• Production and storage of sulphuric acid.
• Seawater collection, desalination and treatment plant.
• Water distribution, treatment and disposal systems.
• Cogeneration plant.
• Spent caustic treatment unit for turbine A1.
• Spent caustic soda treatment plant.
• Construction and adaptation of storage tanks.
• Asphalt dispatch system.
• Supply of catalysts, chemicals and lubricants.
• Implementation of the new laboratory
• Training simulator (OTS).
• Vibration monitoring system (System One).
• Fire-fighting systems and fireproofing work.
• Modernization of the electrical system.
• Integration of telecommunications systems.
• Dredging of docks.
• Construction of logistics, maintenance, technical areas, fire station and training buildings.