Electrical Interconnection Peninsula – Baleares
Datos del Proyecto
Localización: Valencia y Mallorca | Spain
Área de Negocio: Networks (Electricity)
Descripción del Proyecto
The connection between the Peninsular Transport Network and the Balearic Transport Network consists of the installation of a bipolar type High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) link with a metallic return of 2 x 200 MW of power and 250 kVcc of voltage, which It will connect the converter stations of Morvedre (Municipal district of Sagunto, VALENCIA) and Santa Ponça (Municipal district of Calviá, ISLA DE MALLORCA).
The main parts of the HVDC link are:
- Morvedre converter station, 400 kV-50Hz alternating current, ± 250 kV direct current, formed by two conversion poles of 200 MW each.
- Santa Ponça converter station, 220400 kV-50Hz alternating current, ± 250 kV direct current, formed by two conversion poles of 200 MW each.
- 2 submarine cables of 250 kVcc high voltage continuous current. (HVDC cables)
- 2 underground cables of 250 kVcc continuous current. (HVDC cables)
- 1 medium voltage DC submarine return cable (MV cable)
- 1 underground medium voltage DC return cable (MV cable)
- 2 telecommunication cables with 48 fibers.