Datos del Proyecto
Cliente: Recursos Naturales y celulosas, SA
Localización: Departamento de Alta Verapaz | Guatemala
Área de Negocio: Integrated Projects (Power Generation)
Descripción del Proyecto
Renace III is located at an altitude of between 467m and 648m above sea level and is fed principally by waters from the previous phases. For this reason, a dam was constructed to divert water to the intake, it then flows through a series of pipes (canals and tunnels) to a vertical well, finally leading to the power house.
The project began in 2014 was completed in 2016. It generates 66 MW of power.
• Construction of 5,020m of road access to the site.
• Concrete dam, 19.5m in height, 50m in length, capacity 9,000m3.
• Construction of 225m of rectangular section channel with dimensions 4.5 x 4.0 m
• Construction of 4,750m of 14.86m2 tunnel.
• Installation of 200m of steel pipe with a diameter of 3,400 mm.
• A powerhouse with three Pelton type generating units.
• A 230 kV substation.
• 5,000 m, 230 kV transmission line.