Datos del Proyecto
Cliente: Gobierno Nacional de la República de Panamá
Localización: Colón | Panama
Estado: In progress
Área de Negocio: Integrated Projects (Environment)
Descripción del Proyecto
The works to be carried out include:
A water intake work that will be located on the River Chagrés, a short distance before it reaches Lake Gatún, which serves as a natural passageway for ships crossing the Panama Canal. At this intake, a pumping station will be constructed which will transport water to the water treatment plant.
• 11 km conduction pipeline
• 1,800 mm (72") in ductile cast iron.
The plant will have a guaranteed production capacity of 60 MGD (227,100 m3/day), with the possibility of being expanded to 322,000 m3/day (85 MGD) and will be connected to the existing Panama City hydraulic ring of by means of a 19 km pipeline, of the same characteristics as the conduction pipeline.
This new project will strengthen the hydraulic ring systems on the Occidente II line, guaranteeing 24-hour water supply to a population of more than 235,000 Panamanians living in the towns of Ancón, San Felipe, San Francisco, El Chorrillo, Santa Ana, Calidonia, Curundú, Bethania, Bella Vista and part of the Ricardo J. Alfaro road, all of them in Panama City.
Summary of action:
• Water capture: Pumping station, with 11 km, Ø 1800 mm catchment pipe, made of ductile cast iron.
• 246,000 m³/d = 65 MIGD (millions of imperial gallons per day) drinking water treatment plant.
• Connection with 19 km of supply and distribution pipes.